Monday, December 10, 2007

Checking in from the Northwest


On a sunny day from anywhere in Portland we can find east by looking for Mt Hood. This view is from the top of the street where I now live. Don't scoff--we do have sunny days in the NW.

We bought a big house in Gresham, so I no longer live in a 55 plus community. Sharing a 3 story house with 2 grandchildren and 40+ twin daughters is more fun, less work and noisier than I expected, but we are laying the groundwork to live together as friends without becoming the disaster area that many predicted, and I'm gaining a reputation among the children as the bike fixit lady, although my abilities are best confined to bikes with training wheels. LOL.

One daughter is a dedicated machine piecer, so we share a sewing room; however I am doing a lot more hand piecing and enjoying it immensely, but I'll probably never be as fast or as productive as Jenny Beyer.

Hearing from those who haven't posted for a while makes the season brighter. Keep up the good work.

Betty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home