Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday evening check in

Hi, it's good to hear from people who haven't posted in a while. Glad to know things in N. Z. are warm and good.
DH had out patient surgery for his gall bladder today. It was at the newest hospital, very good doctors and nurses. He was taken into surgery at 11:15 and we were in the car going home by 2:30.
I was impressed with all the staff, the operating doctor, and everyone involved. Evidently when he went to the Dr. for his visit in Nov. it was impressed on him not to wait any longer.
When the doctor came out to speak to me he said he had a "very sick gall bladder". Whatever that means, I'm glad it is gone, and over with.
We had planned to build the grand boys a tree house for Christmas, but will have to give them a piece of lumber and an IOU, since DH isn't allowed to do much for another week. Fortunately, I have some quilty things to do around the house tomorrow, and then Wed. I can get out for an hour or so, and I think the patient will be fine.
If anybody north of Georgia has some cool air (Canada?) please send it down this way. It was 80 here today, and sunny. I would not usually complain about the weather, as I know we live in Florida, but the ticks and fleas don't die when it is warm all the time. Now that we are puppy lovers, would like to get some good cold weather in here for January and Feb.
The grand's church play is Wed. night, which I will attend and leave DH home with soup and the puppy.
On Sat. night our dinner group is getting together for an Italian Christmas night. That should be a lot of fun.
My walking is paying off. Have been losing some inches, the legs are looking better, and feel much better since Nov. Hopefully will continue to improve.
Blessings to all, and to all a good night.
Sara in Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home