Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy Monday

Happy Monday.  Sunny but windy and about 40 here in No. Fla.
My GF and I signed up for the yearly 15K again, it is March 12th.  So being a slob over Thanksgiving and Christmas I've been walking and working out for 2 weeks now.  It is harder in the chilly wind.
Did 30 min. on a machine in the gym and then came and got doggies and went for a 2 mile walk, mostly on the beach.  After the 1 mi. mark turned around to come back but the wind was coming from the north, and we went up to the sidewalk.  Burr, I don't like cold wind.
I'm trying to make an appt. with a nutritionist here in town, a friend of a friend.  Being serious about cutting out salt/sugar and other things that cause inflamation.  Fingers, wrists, and ankles are painful and swelling.  The family Dr. just said it's part of aging, take Tylenol.  He'll check with me in 3 months, as it is worse in the winter.
Humm, well if one quilts you need your fingers and wrists!
Feel free to give me free advice quilty friends.  A lot of folks say cut out milk and dairy, but since I have Celiac,  yogurt has become a staple for protein for me.
Starting on a beachy quilt.  It is supposed to be sand pails, lots of them, maybe 60-70 12" and 10" squares.
Slowly.
All for now.  Let us know how that T shirt pillow is coming.
Sara in sunny Fla.

2 Comments:

At January 18, 2016 at 8:07 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sara, when I was exposed to engine degreaser on my Ford Explorer in 2000 and which blew my hands both up the size of baseball mitts, physiotherapists put my hands in a warm wax solution that felt absolutely wonderful. I think you can buy such a thing and heat it up yourself, not sure, but I've wondered if that might be the answer to still fingers and joints as quilters age. Who knows...
RoseyP

 
At January 19, 2016 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You might want to check out TUMERIC. It is an anti-inflammatory. You can get it at a natural food store in pill form and some stores might have it in their spice section. I started taking that about 6 months ago when I was having so much trouble with my hands when working in the garden. It has done wonders for me. I add about half a teaspoon to soups, casseroles, beef stew even my spaghetti sauce. I even add it to my yogurt. Check it out first though. Good Luck
Pat in Flint

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home