Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas everyone.  I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.  We are not going to have a white Christmas in lower Michigan this year.  It is raining as I type!  Temps have been 20-30 degrees above average for this time of year.  Last week we had a day or two of 65 degrees!!   about 3 weeks ago we had 10 inches of snow in one day.  That was gone in a week.  Was it last year or the year before when there was so much snow on the east coast they dumped it in the bay?   I like the snow but I don't miss the shoveling. 
Does anyone ever hear from some of the gals that used to post on here...like Betty Locke, or Jane from North Carolina (I think), how about Cheryl or Elle from Canada, oh and Kitty? She used to remind all of us when a birthday was coming up.  Jill in Portland is another gal who always had a quilt going.   I know for sure, that life gets in the way sometimes.....but it would be nice to hear from some of the "old timers".  
I have been sewing curtains for my living room.  Will put them up when I take down my Christmas decorations.  Going thru my fabric stash the other day, I sorted out a stack of christmas print fabrics.  Not sure if I have enough for a large quilt, but that will give me a reason to head to the quilt shop.  Anyway I am going to make those prints up into at least one quilt to have ready as a gift for next Christmas.  Not going to take all year either. 
An amazing thing happened a couple of weeks ago.  My daughter Googled her  name just to see what came up.  Turns out that her cousins on her Dads side of the family were looking for her and her brother.  We have had no contact with them in 50 years.  So far that has been an amazing reunion. 
Again, Merry Christmas!! 

1 Comments:

At December 22, 2015 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

Trying to comment, since it won't let me post... I don't know what has become of some of the others but I can tell you that Kitty had a stem cell transplant on Monday of this week, in a final effort to deal with the cancers she has been fighting all these years. What a way to spend Christmas, poor girl.

If this actually posts, I will add that Mill Bay is still lovely and all is busy here. I had my knees replaced last year and am now very busy indeed, doing all the things I could not do for a while. Not much quilting but lots of other stuff. Today is day two of Christmas baking with my granddaughter, filling many goodie baskets for family and friends. Such a lovely tradition!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home