Monday, September 9, 2013

Checking in . . .

How odd.... I can only type in the body of a New Post if I choose the HTML format and not the regular "Compose" box in the upper left hand corner, right above this big box where I am typing. I hope this goes thru ... Rosey is right, I have big news. :-) Our granddaughter was born this past Thursday. Oh, my! It is hard to believe that babies arrive so tiny and fragile. It has been over 31 years since I've held a newborn and I was quite nervous to hold our grand-daughter this past weekend. My DH has taken to it like an old pro. He soothed the baby to sleep this evening, after we brought supper to the kids. I have dug out the Baltimore Bunnies quilt kit I bought a few years ago, and will finally start the appliqué on that. Odder yet, I wrote this post in paragraphs, with sufficiet breaks, but Blogger here has lumped it all into one ginormous paragaraph. Ugh... Something has changed with this web site but I don't know what it could be.

2 Comments:

At September 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Congratulations, Doris!! You sound as if you live quite close to the family so you will have lots of time with the little one. Our first grand daughter is 16 months old but we only see her 4-5 times a year, being 4 hours away. They're about to buy their first home with an extra bedroom so that might change.

We are in the middle of replacing our kitchen. The room is empty now, except for a bright orange wallpaper which had been hidden behind one of the cupboards. The fridge is in the family room; the kettle is sitting precariously on the washing machine. All other surfaces are covered with kitchen paraphernalia. A friend has invited us over for the evening meal tonight, thank goodness. Hopefully the workmen are here tomorrow to start the remodelling.

Bee, hope the new computer works better for you and we can catch up on Skype soon.

All the best to everyone,
Fran in Oz

 
At September 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Congratulations to your whole family Doris. Great new experiences ahead for all of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home