Thursday, September 12, 2013

checking in

Congrats Doris on the new little one.  And Rosey please encourage him to be careful.  One of my DH's best friends helped someone clean up after a big storm many years ago and the chain saw "kicked back" cutting into his cheek.  Power tools, a blessing, but also dangerous.
All this week I have been a wreck getting for the big trip.  Finally went back to my dentist for an adjustment on night bite  guard, telling her I couldn't sleep, pains in jaw, etc.  She gave me a RX for muscle relaxant, only at night (yes I know, I promise not to get hooked on it)  After 4 or 5 nights with little sleep slept 8 1/2 hrs, and feel like my old self.
This afternoon getting the last of the packing done.  Hot weather clothes for San Antonio, then jackets and cooler weather clothes for Grand Canyon and Zion and Colorado.  Convinced DH to drive to Roswell, N.M. instead of Las Cruses to stay off the Mexican border.  I'm nervous enough about driving all that way without having run-ins with border patrol, etc.
I'm going to do a Google check on Roswell, N.M.  Since I don't believe in alien abductions, probably won't do any sight seeing there.  Just a place to lay our heads.  
We also are packing bicycle helmets, clothing, some  gluten free snacks for me, and all that.  I took the time to make home made gluten free energy bars last week, they are good!
Going to avoid quilt shops.  My quilt-GFs and I say we have more "stuff" than we can use in 10 years, and need to stop buying!
So, will check in when back home,  Mom doing OK for 96, well taken care of in her nursing home.
Sara & Carl's excellent adventure awaits!
Sara in hot, muggy Fla.

4 Comments:

At September 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sarah, I hope you can post along the way on your trip. Marion is off to the UK, having experienced a hurricaine this week in New Zealand. It's stressful enough getting ready to go away without having to deal with Mother Nature and neuralgia.

Chain saws are dangerous and himself is 77 this coming week. I do worry but he seems convinced that he's still up to cutting the wood. I try to make sure I'm here when he does it and am aware when the machine stops and starts.

Rosey

 
At September 13, 2013 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip!

 
At September 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Have a great trip! Bring rain gear for Colorado it looks like.

And...only TEN years worth of stash???? You really need to do some more shopping!

Kathi

 
At September 17, 2013 at 3:37 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Whatever you do bring some bottled water with you, it's still hot down in the desert (or up in the high desert LOL). Roswell has some neat shops with stuff you can send to your friends who believe in UFOs and aliens LOL.Have a great time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home