Saturday, May 21, 2011

That did it!

Rosey, you have now guaranteed that I will never again come to visit you! Have I ever mentioned how phobic I am about snakes?
I am waiting for the evening phone call from DH, who is working out of province, and resting up from a round of housework. I have now decided that it is time to clean all the grout in the ceramic tile floors -- if it is raining again tomorow I will start on that. If the sun comes back I will plant the rest of the veggie garden instead. Either way, it will be a busy day tomorrow.
Kitten season is well underway. We have tiny kittens stashed in foster homes all over the Valley, but I am sticking to my resolution (so far) and all I have here is one wild momcat with three little kittens she is still feeding. Well, that and a lovely blue point Siamese male the SPCA asked me to take because he was so aggressive they were going to put him down (he is fine now and will soon be looking for a new home), and four left over kittens from last winter who were not adopted out because they were sickly. Two of those should be ready to go in another week or two...
I think I mentioned here that my group, Cowichan Cat Rescue, has a proposal in the current Pepsi Refresh competition. We are trying to get $10,000.00 for a low cost spay/neuter program -- and we are now in the top three in our category! If we are still there on June 30 we will get the money! I am campaigning like mad and spreading the word using Facebook and every other tool I can think of -- I have even been on the TV news with this! If you want to see what we are trying to accomplish you can find the link on our website -- www.cowichancatrescue.org
Since the cat rescue got so busy (we are still working on the big project we got the PetSmart grant for) I have done almost no quilting. I put together a cute baby quilt for a nephew's new baby but it is not yet quilted. But I will be going to a retreat in early June and maybe I will finish it there. And I am hoping to get a good start on a king size spiral log cabin using the batik strips we swapped for a year -- I fell in love with the pattern when I saw a picture of one set on point a few years ago.
And that is the news from here!
Favourite BB memory? The Bernina Boy story! Closely followed by Doni's story about Marc and the electronic collar. I still laugh about those stories!
And now it is time to call in the cats and get all the critters settled for the night.
Jean at Mill Bay, enjoying the flurry of activity on the BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home