Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday morning

It is wonderful to pull up the chat board and see all the postings.....enjoying my morning coffee....it is a holiday "Victoria Day" in Canada and it has now rained yesterday and today....but that is okay....I am not off "camping" as much as my DH would love to be....nothing worse than packing up wet no matter if you r in a trailer or tent.....wet and messy is still wet messy in either scenario....DH being the silly guy has this notion that we will get a trailer or motorhome and do this....well with the price of gas going upwards and upwards....her in N/West Ontario our gas prices have been at $1.43 litre in most places.....pump prices have dropped somewhat in other areas it seems but not here.....last time they got this high we were driving a Yukon extended SUV ......I think $165 was the total when it was bone dry......needless to say that one is gone.....now my $80 fill up hovers around $100 but we aren't out and about so much....just for garden stuff lately or grandkids......

Finally got the backyard gardens weeded properly and more earth in them.....seems like this fall I better do some splitting up of daylillies and irises....Joleen our master gardener....when is the best time? Three years ago when we moved to this home the yard was an empty open space....now it looks like we have been here 20 years or more with fences, sheds, a greenhouse that is definetly more decorative than used.....gazebo shelter and of course numerous toys for those grandkids.....at least the toys now have a home in half the shed and what doesn't fit will hit the yardsale DH is having next weekend....I won't be here so I have to label what goes and what stays....or I will have to be shopping at yardsales myself...

We have just finished celebrating the youngest grandson's 1st birthday.....I thot time flied by before....now with these munchkins it seems to be double fly.....at 3, 2 and 1 year they are a busy bunch.....and our two step-grandkids are 11 and 8 so the fun just never stops.....we finally got the yard sorted enuf to relocate the trampoline and that does keep them busy...but never for long enuf......

Getting some good quilting done....already ahead in the game for birthday and some Christmas gifts......get thru a pile of stash fabric and seems like my generous quilting buddy appears with another box full......I am not sure that she understands that I am trying to reduce the amount of stash and space being used here but she seems to be doing well in her home! what I don't think will be used by me gets passed on to groups who do a lot more donation quilts than I seem to have the time for right now.....

Off to the indoor cycle this morning.....if I don't do it now it won't happen.....hopefully something interesting on the tv or I get so bored......maybe I should find one of those books I have been meaning to read.....Has anyone read "Still Alice" ?

wishing everyone a good and fun day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home