Monday, May 23, 2011

If I'd only known

How easy it was to get rid of unwanted rellies and other guests, I would have brought up the snake-bit before. But this past week-end reminded me of Jean & Rodge coming to visit some years ago. This week-end at the B&B, of choice, I was overbooked...translated that meant...I gave up our bedroom and slept downstairs on an aerobed on the floor of my studio. DH, who doesn't sleep the night through and is up from 1 to 5 a.m., slept on the family room couch, his usual perch. A B&B is allowed only three bedrooms, anything over that is considered an inn, here in Canada, or at least Ontario. During Jean's visit, I left them in DH's care one night when I went to my Tai Chi lesson. Upon returning home, I walked into the familyroom and there they all sat, looking for all the world like cats with cream all over the whiskers. Jean, had a particularly Cheshire cat smile on her face as she said: "the lambs are in the livingroom" . As I looked stunned, trying to figure out her message, because she and Rodge have sheep at home, (odd how that connection didn't connect but popped into my mind). She repeated herself: "the lambs are in the livingroom" as I proceded to see what and who the lambs were. Turns out I had not written down one booking in my B&B book and a couple whom I had never remembered booking in for the night, actually two, sat there glumly looking at me wondering if they had a place to stay. I hustled them upstairs to their room, one left open, no-one occupying it, then hastened downstairs to figure out what I was going to do with them for their second night's stay. Of course, Jean, by then had it all figured out and still sat there grinning. The next night, the Lambs slept in the master bedroom (ours) and we were down in the familyroom, perched on couches for the night. The next morning, Mr. Lamb mentioned quite casually that they had decided that they were NOT going to move out of our bedroom, that he'd had such a good night's sleep and the view was so beautiful....and of course, Jean continued to grin. So everytime I'm overbooked, this past week-end of choice to accommodate a nine night booking that is occuring between May & Sept., I think of Jean and her lovely Cheshire Cat grin. Actually, I had rather evil thoughts about it...but I think she's probably still grinning about the Lambs.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home