Friday, August 6, 2010

Home again

We spent the last two and a half weeks on a trailer camping trip to the Washington and Oregon coast, with a stop at Sisters OR on the way home. I'll see if I can post a few pictures without totally jamming up the works here.

The first stop was at Ocean Shores WA. This was Murphy's first trip to the beach and he loved it. Gus is an old hand at it, so he took charge and they had a ball.

Then we headed to Cape Disappointment at the mouth of the Columbia River. This is the place where Lewis and Clark found the "great stinking waters" at the end of the first Voyage of Discovery. We toured the interpretive center and decided that this is a place we will return to next time to do more exploring.

After that we made our way down the coast to Waldport OR. Our campsite was right on the beach. We could look out the window and see the ocean. A week there wasn't nearly enough.The last stop was a wonderful campground in the woods outside of Sisters OR. Since DH had taken his "me" day to go fishing off the coast, I had mine in Sisters. Spent way too much $$ at the Stitchin' Post, but if I can get my you know what together this winter with a newly retired husband, I'm planning to be productive.

Now to see if I can make the pictures end up where I want them.

Kathi in Idaho

2 Comments:

At August 6, 2010 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Sandi Irish said...

Great pictures!

 
At August 6, 2010 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Very clever Kathi ! I've never tried to post more than one photo at a time ! Thanks for sharing your holiday. Lovely to see your dogs enjoying their romp in the sea.
Marion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home