Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What's going on in my life ???

Not a lot, to be honest !! It IS winter time, I keep reminding myself, but I am impatient for the warm and fine weather and am missing my days in the garden and walking along the beach...sigh...

We should be planning a trip up to Auckland to see the family, but they seem to be dealing with "issues" at the moment and it's probably better for us to leave them to it !! Nothing too serious but issues with the children and "I wants.." I don't need to be drawn into that !

I've been spinning wool and knitting up little jerseys for sending overseas to orphans in Eastern Europe ! There is an organisation called "Operation Cover- up" that I support. Every year we gather literally hundreds of peggy square blankets, and other knitted goods, to send over. We have a great team who inspire many people to knit these squares for the blankets. Our oldest supporter is well into her nineties. Other people crochet them together to make beautiful blankets, yet others unpick woolens from the Op. shops to maintain our source of the raw product ! We involve the mentally handicapped, the elderly and infirm and anybody who is able and willing to help.. It's coming up for packing day, so I will take some photos. We pack them into wool packs and ship them over. It costs $4 for a blanket to be shipped over, well worth the money for such colourful and warm blankets for the children. We have had videos of the arrival of these packs and it is lovely to see the excitement on the childrens faces and the transformation of their crowded bedrooms.. Apart from that, I have been spasmodically working on a wall-hanging, not that enthusiastically, it's too cold in the sewing room !

Lots of coughs and colds doing the rounds. So far we have got by without any . DH is still enjoying his golf, he bought a little fun and inexpensive trophy , so the three guys play for that each week. He brought it home this week with a big grin and, as they can't play for the next three weeks, it will be sitting on our mantle-piece for awhile !

Time to go. I have to be at a meeting in half an hour and there is frost on the road so I need to be careful.

Have a good day.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home