Tuesday, July 20, 2010

KNOXVILLE etc

Just too busy to head to Knoxville this year. Perhaps next year and certainly Laura and Doris and I can have a meet as well as any other BBers so inclined. By the way, Laura, that blue and white quilt is gorgeous. I admire it as well as you and anyone else with the gumption to do a bed size quilt. My DD's wedding quilt is a long way from finished because, I'm a lousy time manager and spend a lot more time thinking and talking about quilting than actually doing it. I truly think I suffer from a mild case of ADD. In any case, Laura, you shouldn't be so self effacing about your work. I'd be proud to have that quilt on my bed.

I feel so spread thin right now and I'm about to bow out of several things to do the things I want to do. Starting Friday I start six weeks of shoulder physical therapy 3 times/week. Primary doc and hand surgeon both thought I have a tear in rotator cuff but shoulder surgeon says from x-ray he can see a bone spur causing an impingement which are probably causing some problem. If the rehab doesn't do the trick then he'll order MRI. That approach sounds inefficient for me but is probably cheaper for my poor tax paying children. Oh well, getting stronger in any way is always a good thing. I hope I'll be able to reach into the drive-in drawer at the bank in any case. All winter long total strangers were approaching me in restaurants to help me get my coat on.

Kit had a major breakthrough this week. A couple who own about three acres adjoining my property are here to spend about a week. They have a one room structure along the lines of a double garage with plumbing and semi camp out periodically. They are a very nice couple and we've been casual friends for 20 years. I walked by and saw that the van was there so approached with Kit to say hello. Marcia saw me and stepped out the door which spooked Kit of course. I put the leash on Kit and dragged her over to the house. Marcia set up a bench understanding instinctively that she might be less intimidating to Kit while sitting. We sat down with Kit pulling to distance herself. Marcia and I chatted away, ignoring Kit and gradually the leash began to loosen up. I watched from the corner of my eye as she cautiously approached and the quiet chat continued mostly about Kit. Eventually curiousity overcame fear and ultimately Marcia was allowed to pet her seasoning the touching with quiet sweet talk. I think I have the formula now but it's hard to set up especially if there is another dog in the picture at the same time. It's turning into a full time job.

Speaking of which, I'd better get out for the hike before it gets hot.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home