Wednesday, July 14, 2010

There you are, Jane

And here you thought you should be reading brochures from retirement homes in Rochester or California because you no longer had a dog to have a home for. Now you do. Kit should breathe some life into your home and your life in the mountains of North Carolina and give you, hopefully, a few more years of independent living and then if you need to move off your mountain, I hope it is to a nearby town where you can be among the people you know now. I always remember my aunt Jenny saying...when you get older, you don't make friends the same way as when you're younger. At the time...my youth clouded my vision and I thought: well, if you put yourself out enough to make friends, you can do it at any time in your life, young or old. And then, one day, I grew old...er. I discovered that being outgoing and making new friends takes energy. Energy is something that diminishes with older age. So, moving to some place you don't know just to be near family...well, I'd rather have a dog, thank you and I've found a breed that suits me very well...the Australian Shepherd. For you, it's the spaniel and you understand them very well indeed. Kit will have a good home with you. The timing worked out well for you, the breeder and for Kit.

I've offended my body last week at the garden centre where I tripped over some wire caging that was where it shouldn't have been, torqued my body carrying a tray of pachysandra and not wanting to drop the tray falling, I twisted myself around, saving the plants and me from falling but am now feeling distinctly in need of some attention from my massage therapist who is away on course this week. So, I was desperate enough to consider seeing a chiropractor...the practice of which I view with a very jaundiced eye because they snap, crack and pop bodies but I know help many people...Yesterday, I went into a clinic near home and if the volume of people there as patients was any testiment to the fact that many like chiropracty it must be good. I came away having my knee manipulated so that now I cannot walk without great pain and wondering why I did this. Acupuncture, massage, shiatsu is kinder to the body. And, the chiro insisted that I bring my husband to my next appt. Why, I asked. My husband isn't interested in my bodily parts any more and how they function, I said. If he doesn't get his supper, then he might worry but attending a meeting at the chiropractor's office...no way. So, now this needs sorting out as I hobble about thinking...I will never move to be near my kids in my older age...but I do hope to have some more Aussies in my life.

Good one, Jane,

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home