Thursday, July 8, 2010

Touching Base

Touching base after not reading here for some time. Jane, I am so sorry about your loss, but glad you have found a companion to keep you company. When we moved up here from SE TN we had to find homes for our two dogs and I never got over adopting out my Border Collie. We have a dog now (rat terrier) and she's a good girl, but it seems my heart will always remain with the other one. My husband insisted on giving them away (I think he was jealous of the BC). He's the one who adopted the one we have now. Enuf said.

It is miserable here, the air quality is so bad from an inverted ozone layer that you cannot walk out of the house--you simply can't breathe. The heat haze is so thick it hides some of the mountains. Worst it has been since we moved to TN in '96. Added to that we are in drought mode as well (it has only rained in Bristol and north of I-81) despite clouds and wind, no rain. A man was hauling a trailer of hay and it caught fire on its own there on the highway.

Doing a little quilting, working on a couple of charity quilts requested by a distant relative out west, the group I mentioned earlier. I chose twins to make them for, and the top for the boy is finished (There's a Dog on My Quilt) and I'm working on the girl's (There are Cats on My Quilt).

Jane, I probably will come to the Asheville Show, have not been to any others this year. Keep me posted on when you are going. I was schedule for a bus trip to the Knoxville AQS thing, but decided to stay home. DH recently decided I should do (WE should do) the East TN quilt shop hop so we got away for two days and nights. No, I didn't win anything LOL. Received some nice goodies from the 14 shops.

My grandson in SC decided to join the Army's Airborne Rangers, it seems he's at the age where they can conquer the world. So have to visit them sometime soon, although as some others have said here, there doesn't seem to be just a quiet time to sit down and have a conversation.

That's about all that is going on here, (that's enough). Hugs to all. Lavinia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home