Wednesday, July 7, 2010

dogs

Jane in NC - I know what you mean about Kit being an investment in your mental health. That's what Sophie is to mine, after losing Alex. I did not want a dog, but needed one to pull me out of my mild grief depression. It worked. She drives me crazy, but I'm not depressed anymore. LOL She's going to be a wonderful companion for you.

Rosey P - It's currently hotter in the New England states than it is here in Tennessee. You're probably suffering the peripheral effects of that heat wave. Our highs here are 96° F but at least the humidity is below 40%. That helps. A lot. I can't believe I've been out playing golf in this stuff. I found some electrolyte supplements at REI to add to the water I drink on the golf course - like Gatorade, but without the unnecessary sugar - and I think it has really helped me tolerate the heat. That and the nice breeze make it do-able. I am verrrry grateful for air-conditioning. Rosey, I know you're suffering with this heat--I recall that you don't have AC. It's not supposed to get that hot in Canada!

I got new glasses last week, and I think the prescription is too strong. Something is not right and they are driving me --and my eyes-- bonkers. Optometrist usually has to weaken the Rx for progressives, and I think this time he forgot. I'll be calling them later this week. Argh. My eyes are impossible.....

Hugs to everyone, stay cool and hydrated, and replace electrolyes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home