Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kit

will fly into Charlotte (allegedly) at 4:52 so I might spend the night in a motel. Hope she'll be content there because it will be quite late before I could leave her in the car in her familiar crate. I'll spent some cuddle time with her before I attempt that and will bring supper for me or get carry out. Breeder told me this evening when we spoke that he bathed her today but didn't brush her. He says her greatest pleasure is to be brushed and has been known to push other dogs aside as he brushed them. He suggested that's the way to get off to a good start with the bonding process. I've got the brush packed along with treats, food for her, collar with my name and tel. # in case she gets away from me, leash, whistle as he assures me she responds instantly to that and I know the commands he teaches and food and water bowls for her. Hmm, anything else I need? Oh yes, water for both of us is in refrigerator chilling and will go in a cooler tomorrow.

Good news from shoulder surgeon today. He's fairly convinced that my symptoms and xrays indicate an impingement from a bone spur and bursitis in bicep tendon so he gave me a shot of cortisone and a scrip for 6 weeks of physical therapy 3x/week. Only if I don't respond to that will he order an MRI to look at the rotator cuff. I'm tickled to think that I can probably avoid surgery but not about all that PT and time it takes to come and go. Oh, Jane, quitcher bitchen.

My very funny dog loving neighbor who has cared for Shadow so often suggested that I go ahead and get a rescue and name him/her Caboodle. so I'd have, you got it, Kit 'n Caboodle. I'm almost tempted. She cracks me up but her husband rolls his eyes when she gets naughty as only southern women can. They are both natives of SC. At least he didn't blush this time though. Nothing naughty about Caboodle.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home