Monday, July 19, 2010

Knoxville AQS and other stuff

Hey Sandi, it's good to hear from you. We miss all the folks from the old board! Congratulations on your line of fabrics. I'll have to look more carefully at the bolts to see if I can figure out which ones are yours :)

My SIL and I went to the AQS show on Wednesday. We wore ourselves out on those concrete floors, but the quilts were awesome. I consider a show like that a trip to an art exhibit, because I will surely never make anything so beautiful, or so useless! There were very few bed quilts there. There was an exhibit of antique quilts that was extremely interesting. I bought one panel of birds, and a Laurel Birch dog bag to use as a book bag, and an AQS art calendar for next year. I kept thinking I was out of money, and found another $20 when I got home. Oh well, we have quilt shops here too.

I finally finished Mom's quilt, and it is on her bed. It will never get juried into an AQS show, but I think it looks good on her bed. She and Pop are happy with it, anyway.

4 Comments:

At July 20, 2010 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Sandi Irish said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!

 
At July 20, 2010 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

This is just beautiful. If I had a blue bedroom I would want it on my bed.
Sara in Fla.

 
At July 21, 2010 at 1:37 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Love the quilt you made for your parents Laura. I'd be proud to have it on my bed.

 
At July 21, 2010 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

Thank you! There are issues with the quilting that don't show in the photo, but you know the old rule about "if you can't see it on a galloping horse..."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home