Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ichetucknee Springs State Park

Sara, thanks for the ongoing history lesson about Florida. I am not familiar with this area at all and it's been fun reading up about the river on the internet. A long ago Spanish/Native American settlement, I assumed from the word 'springs' that it was not a salt water river, unusual, I think, in Florida? I wondered why people would go tubing down a river in Florida because of the alligators nipping at their bottoms but they must not exist in spring fed waters or do they?

The board here is lagging behind again with few postings and I'm hoping this won't mean the disappearance of the Chat Board eventually. I enjoy 'tuning' in first thing in the morning and it's always a pleasure to read about the different parts of the world from our participants here. In Canada, for example, a salt water river would be an anomaly. I'm not entirely up on my geography, so if any Canadians know of a salt water river here, please let me know. Spring fed rivers and lakes are the norm up here. I wondered when Sara mentioned that the water was cold, especially in Florida and in the summertime, so that was another clue for me aside from the name springs...which also could mean salt water springs.

Bee, keep trying to post...at least we know you're still alive and kicking.

Thunderstorms called for here later in the day but right now, the air is deliciously fresh with softly blowing winds but the incoming rain can be felt. This is the kind of weather I could live in year round. The sun is bright, it's not too warm, not too cool, the grass is green, the goldfinches and chickadees are at my bird feeding station and Wednesday mornings friends, Beckie & Joan faithfully meet with me to sit and quilt. Well....sit and talk, sit and drink herbal tea...sit and read quilting magazines...we do pick up a needle and thread once in awhile.

So now how about some more posts, you folks out there in various parts of the world. What is going on in your lives?

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home