Tuesday, July 20, 2010

checking in

Sandi - Good to see you posting here! I don't know of any organization that is collecting quilts for our flood victims. My own quilt guild of 150 members has not mentioned anything, either. Our church as done fund-raising, as have many others. What is being asked for is money and hands-on help/labor. Sorry I'm not much help.

Laura in AL --- what a pretty quilt! I'll bet your parents love it.

I had considered attending the AQS show in Knoxville, but ended up with jury duty instead. I never had to appear, so that was nice. But I could not make any sort of plans for 3 weeks, except after 6 p.m. the night before. Welp, I've done my civic duty. ;o)

Sara in FL --- Ack! High humidity is one big reason I doubt I'll ever move to Florida. (the others being hurricanes & alligators-ack!ack!) I am a first-class wimp when it comes to humidity and heat. (also hurricanes & alligators)

Our son will be working up here next week and staying with us, so it will be nice to see him. I'll have to move the boxes of fabric out of the guest room. (ack! again)
I am really enjoying my new sewing room (our son's old bedroom) and have made a pair of shorts and two skirts already. I especially love the wood flooring. Makes dropped pins so much easier to find.

Hugs to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home