Monday, August 2, 2010

Rewording Grandkids post

I've thought about Marion's comment about grandchildren and grandparents and the energy that we run out of in dealing with ourselves, our children and our grandchildren and thought, again, with some level of healthy paranoia, if my posts still get taken off this board and tucked into a particular dog breeder's 'retribution' files...so decided to revise and repost.
Several years ago, following the sale of the P. family cottage, where our family had spent many summers, I rented a cottage on a small lake, called Orr Lake, Ontario in roughly the same general area, for my own adult family and grandchildren. When I arrived, there was a distinct undercurrent of stress from my daughter who complained that her brother's two step-sons were so noisy (baby had yet to be born). Couldn't their parents control them, she asked. After that family departed, I stayed on for a few days with my daughter and her two girls to provide a car while her husband was in the city working. Every afternoon at 4 o'clock the girls retired to their bedroom and spent one whole hour squealing over what, I don't know, until supper was announced. I was more than ready to pull out myself by then. It never bothered their mother. I'd as soon put up with rowdy boys than squealing girls, I guess. Grandparents graduate to older age and biting their tongue when staying with their adult kids, it seems.

Grace, I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder but I'll bet it is your quilting shoulder that is affected, is it?

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home