Thursday, July 29, 2010

blankets

MARION: Your organisation should be very proud of the work that you do - what a great pile of blankets, and some beautifully crocheted ones in there, I see. I hope you can get up to Auckland soon and have a family fix.

BEE: I hope your computer and internet connection start to work properly soon!

All my boys are on home soil again, although DS#3 and DDIL are a further 9-10 hours' drive away than before, in Melbourne. They are loving it, and planning what to do when DH and I visit them in September, plus a possible family get-together over Christmas! DS#1 is safely home from his 5 months studying in Prague and 3 weeks travelling around Asia. DS#2 had 10 days in LA and Las Vegas through work and enjoyed it immensely. I just wish I was close enough to spend an evening with them hearing about their adventures, instead of a half hour chat over the phone.......

My brother from Darwin (the other side of the continent) visited for 2 nights this week, with his DW. He's very into genealogy and introduced me to a couple of programs and internet sites where we found some family information he wasn't familiar with. It's very 'moreish' and I think I will be doing a lot more once I retire (in 5 months time!)

Off to get warm in front of the heater.
Hugs to all........sending cooling breezes to those who need them!
Fran

2 Comments:

At July 29, 2010 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Fran-please send us some of your coolness. We have a heat index warning out for today. It's supposed to be 97 with high humidity. Nothing new for Florida, but still. . .
Glad the far-flung family is gathering soon.
Sara in Fla.

 
At July 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Sara, oh goodness! I do not like humidity so I feel for you, truly! We can get temps in the high 40s C (=115 F) but at least it's dry - like being in an oven LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home