Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sat.in the Hockley Valley

I can more than understand volunteering for something and then wondering where my brain was afterwards. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Reality is always worse than my imagination and my sensible side of my brain. But, Sara, when you get your costumes finished, without having a nervous breakdown over it, please make sure we see Peter Pan, Wendy and chorus.

Marion, what a huge mound of blankets that were collected last year. I hope this year is as good. I loved your photo. It spoke reams of work, words and kindness.

Today it was supposed to be sunny all day and son Michael and his family, two step-sons, one young and very determined energetic two and a half year old daughter, one friend of the boys and two parents are here for the day enjoying the pool and Grandpa Jock's Blue Ray thing-a-mabob on his new television. The pool has had a good workout, the pingpong table downstairs has been in use, including the Royal and Ancient two-holer (golf-tee) in the front of the property and including the consumption of one two-layer chocolate cake. It's wonderful to hear noise and have company. But, Marion, there are times when visiting in our kids houses that it's good to have an escape home.

Fran, you certainly have a traveling family. You wonder where they'll all end up.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At July 31, 2010 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Rosey, I certainly do! It's something I spend quite some time thinking about lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home