Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back-to-back postings

This afternoon, when I was in Fabricland, our large fabric store in town, buying buttons for apron straps, a lady came up behind me with larger than fat quarters and some broadcloth. I had to ask if she was making a quilt...pretty obvious question to a quilter. She opened her mouth and said: "I'm always buying cloth for quilts. I can't stop making them". I asked her if she was a member of our local guild but by then, I realized that she must be visiting from Scotland, her accent was quite noticable. She is here visiting for a month and going to make her relatives a quilt. She says that the fabrics are cheaper here in Canada (more so, in the US, I should think) and she buys lots of fabric when she's here.

Once a quilter; always a quilter. It never ends, does it...the buying of fabric.

Rosey, in a hugely hot and humid Southern Ontario, Canada where Hope again had some serious discussions with Mary today. Secretly, we both believe it's because of Mary's lunch bag that she brings with her...lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home