Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Evening

May I also add my condolences for Bee on her loss. Words, only. It doesn't equate with the emotional pain involved. People say words; they mean well when a death occurs but I find that many times people simply don't know what to say or how to say it. I'm not sure I do either.

This afternoon, walking Ceilidh and Hope, our two Australian Shepherd sisters, both over ten years of age, I was again reminded of this when speaking to the son (30 yrs) next door. Ceilidh, we've discovered this week, has hemangiosarcoma. The tumours lie in the lining of her right atrium in her heart. Everything else checks out clean. She collapsed on Tuesday and by Tuesday suppertime we were an hour away at the veterintary teaching hospital in Guelph, Ontario. Of the three Aussies here, Ceilidh is my 'heart-dog', a term I have really never used before in all my years of having dogs and of putting dogs down due to old age and illness. But here it is with Ceilidh...she has wrapped herself around my heart and her loss, when she dies, will leave a big hole in my life. My neighbour's comment: "well, she's had a good life here for ten years". Somehow, that didn't help; somehow, it made me feel angry. It wasn't acknowledging the pain that I am now feeling. He is young, yet and he lives in his head of intelligence, not entirely of his feelings. So for the days left to Ceilidh, I hug and kiss her and watch over her. It hurts to loose anything we love.

So, Bee, I am sorry for your loss.

And Fran, I am glad to hear that you've come through that very difficult operation and are back teaching school for now. And, yes, we are still 'running' the B&B although there are times in the summer when it is running us. To-day, the 'radio-man' came. We call him this as he is coming to the B&B to set up his tent, towers, ham radio and will participate, from the top of our hill, in a world-wide ham radio contest in Morris Code. he was here scouting the land as to where he will locate his equipment and his will likely be our most unique booking in the eighteen years we've been 'doing' bed & breakfast.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At April 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

My heart aches for you Rosey.
I know how much you love her.
Please know that so many of us here
will be with you on this sad journey.
Give Ceilidh a big kiss so me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home