Sunday, April 25, 2010

Charity Quilts

Hi, If i might make a comment about charity quilts. My family has all the quilts they need and I decided to start giving some of my quilts away. Last year a lady named Judi Madsen who owns the Green Fairy Quilts was on her blog telling about her trips to Romania in Europe. She goes there once a year and give out quilts to an orphanage. I decided to donate a quilt and so began my journey in giving away quilts. I sent her a small childs quilt (most of the kids are young) and when she came back from her trip she put the video on her blog of passing the quilts out. Low and behold my quilt showed up. This year i am going to send her more than one. She usually goes a about Oct. So if anyone is interested you could visit her web page and find out more infor. It is Greenfairyquilts.com and also I am making quilts for cancer patients. It is my pleasure to see the faced lite up when you hand out a quilt.
Sorry to hear of Bee's DH passing. Life is so short and as we get older it goes faster. Marge

1 Comments:

At April 27, 2010 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Interestingly, a local quilt guild is also taking stuff to Romania. Some of them went in person.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home