Friday, March 19, 2010

Raised seats and production lines...!!!

Like Rosey, I'm beginning to feel uncomfortably close to the end of the line myself ! After a lifetime of being the youngest sister, cousin, grandchild etc. it's all a bit of a shock.. As for raised toilet seats, well, two of my friends have had hip replacements in the last month and they have been supplied with raised seats ( temp. arrangements which are quite cumbersome) They tell me they are reluctant to return them to the supplier... It's something I had never thought about before. I can see that it would be a very sensible thing to install if the opportunity arose.

We had a suggestion of a frost this week, but it was followed by a cloudless sunny day with warm temperatures. Today DH and I took the dog for a walk along the beach. We could see for miles in both directions, and we were the only people there. That's what I like about NZ. ! and I love the autumn days.

Went to see "Mao's last dancer" this week. I can thoroughly recommend it, it was a beautiful production and very true to the remarkable story which came out in book form, some years ago..
It includes some wonderful dance sequences. You don't have to be a ballet fan to enjoy it. Do go, if you get the opportunity.

Skyped DD#1 in H.K. yesterday. She was excited because her three children were due home from Scotland for the Easter holidays. They are home for a month I think. They will enjoy that and we will enjoy "seeing" them on Skype. It's two years since I have seen these grandchildren."in the flesh" We hope to go to H.K. for Christmas but that seems a long way away at the moment. .. DD#2 and her family are a little closer ,we were with them for Christmas and two of the boys are coming down for a week in their holidays, that will be fun.

Thea, there's just been a feature on the T.V. about the walk that you did. Making the point that many of the tourists are totally unprepared for the potential dangers of sudden changes in the weather and don't have proper footwear and clothing etc. It looked interesting country to walk through but certainly no walk in the park ! Hope the soreness is going and that the blisters are healing.

Enjoy the w/end.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home