Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mileposts

Grace, you know that we have two types of 'stop-off's' here, one for dogs, one for humans...You know your way here, if you feel like dropping in sometime.

I recently wrote an article in which I commented that life is like a production line: we're born, we live then drop off at the other end when our time comes. I used to be a long way down the production line in my mother's and father's family. Now I'm heading to the front of the line. But one humorous comment my friend, Byse made last week-end when visiting her. She insisted that I see her new toilet. Two things impressed her: one, that it only took 3 gallons of water everytime it flushed and secondly, and most importantly, it was higher off the floor thus the distance required for the job at hand was lessened. I think of the passages of time...we grow up, get married, buy houses if we can, have children, upgrade our homes if we can, sometimes acquire a second one...a cottage, a farm, a place in the country...our children grow up, they get married and we get decrepit. A toilet seat that is closer to me than the ground...something to think about...lol.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At March 18, 2010 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Roses: I have one that is higher, but the one in the other bathroom isn't. Sometimes forget!
Here in the states the higher ones are called the ADA aproved. Americans with Disabilities.
Don't think they are very expensive, check them out.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home