Monday, March 15, 2010

Looking down on the nation


Hi,

Tenneh really was on the Mt! I have finally done the World Famous one day Mt Tongariro crossing - and it was a long day- we did a 1o hour trek!

I climbed the Mt I have lived on for 9 years, exactly 10 years to the month we took up the lease!

I am posting a photo-thats me, and our farm is on the right in the photo, the narrow green and gold paddock and the large gold paddock to the left of that, and you can see the pine trees are planted in rows separated from the next rows, compared to the plantation pines all around! The house is the tiny silver spot on the very right of the trees.

I am so chuffed with myself for finally doing it!! I am also soooo sore and stiff today and for a few days I think- LOL. I also got blisters on both heels from my endurance riding boots- not quite suitable for Mt climbing.

And I have great photos.

So, home for two days to study hard for my ED Triage course this weekend- it is said you can tell who has not completed the workbook! I do not have a problem staying on one plave at the moment!


And I have another UFO started! I have nearly cut all the pieces for a scrap quilt for my bed, just got yellow stars to cut that go in the sashing between the blocks. I have used all the memory fabrics from my DDs smocked dresses and their quilts, ( and even has a piece of fabric from my high school uniform senior blouse) and my favourite fabrics- I'm really excited about this project, it's a real feel good, joyful quilt, great for off setting any anxiety about moving!

For I have decided to move back to the Taupo region, just need to sort a job.
Met some lovely folks on the trail yesterday, from England and Minnosota... in summer 1000 people a day do the Crossing! Its a very United Nations walk! It was not so crowded yesterday. The Mt is 1967metres.

Blessings from a tired but satisfied Tenneh,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home