Sunday, March 14, 2010

this and that

So sorry to hear about Grace's losses and Tenneh's divorce. I remember a couple of tough years when many loved ones passed on, and am afraid another will be coming all too soon, as DH's mother and my parents are aging.
I will enjoy spending time with them while I have them. In that vein, it is spring break here, and 45* F and raining. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow, and maintenance on the car, and then I'm headed south to visit Mom and Dad, DMIL, and my friends. Hopefully the weather will be decent there.
I'm feeling a bit rocky today, and have spent the entire day reading a book written by a "good acquaintance." It is a fast read, and very moving story about a quilter and her quest to solve a mystery about a quilt. The book, Heart For A Hero, by Laura Patrick and Ed Ditto, is the first fiction published by AQS, . I knew her slightly from quilt guild (300 member guild) and then went to lunch with a good friend who was visiting from out of town. Laura Patrick was also there; it turns out that she was my friend's room-mate in college. We both were sitting there trying to remember where we'd met before! :)
I'm going to eat an early dinner, finish my book, and go to bed. Hopefully I'll shake this crud in time to go to Montgomery.
Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home