Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter . . . will one day be over and behind us!

We had a glorious weekend here, with highs pushing 60° F. It felt so strange to be outdoors without gloves and earmuffs on Friday. Yesterday morning, I didn't even wear a coat to church. I kept thinking I had left it somewhere and needed to go back for it. I had the back door open yesterday, all day! But cold weather is returning with lows of 20 later this week.

I was really surprised to see it had even snowed in Rome, Italy, at the Vatican. This is truly a very different sort of winter, this year.

I freeze all winter long. It may be due to low blood pressure (100/60 is my normal) or just poor circulation, or who knows why. DH is worse than I am about it, and he's got lots of personal insulation (LOL) and wears more layers than I do. He even grew up in Pittsburgh, PA and went to college in Michigan, for heavens sake. I think he's now more 'southern' than I am. LOL

Unfortunately, I can't take the heat & humidity, either. Once it's over 90° and the humidity is here, I stay indoors. I am such a wimp. Aaaack.

I don't know if I'll ever have time to watch all the Olympics that we have recorded. I've missed most of the curling, due to lack of time to watch. I'm faithfully watching the figure skating and ice dancing, though. None of the pairs figure skating impressed me. I'm pleased with Evan Lysachek's gold medal and think he Russian guy has a very bad case of what mother called "sour grapes." That young man forgets that (I believe it was)Victor Petrenko won a gold based on his reputation and career, not his performance in the Olympics.

Ice Dancing should be fun to watch tonight. I really liked the Canadian pair's performance last night, along with the Americans who did the Bollywood type performance. I truly didn't care for the other American team, whose outfits were distracting, and I ended up FFWD--> thru theirs. Meh . . .

Down here in the lower 48, we are all completely shocked over Miracle On Ice v.2 yesterday. Who would have thought it possible???

Welp, I'm off to my volunteer work today. Hugs to everyone, and stay warm and dry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home