Friday, February 12, 2010

Wet and cold here

Yes, I am making sure all the pictures that I know the subjects of have names and dates on the back. The newspaper clippings are already yellow with age. DH's father worked for Curtis-Wright Aircraft, making propellers in WWII. He was promoted several times to the manager of the division. Clippings on all of them. When they moved to Fla. because of his arthritis he became the mayor of the small town where they were. There are several clippings of DH when he was little, in one he was wearing PJ's in a fashion show! Him and his dog who won the mutt durby at the local dog track. Etc.
I did find one picture of my Grandmother as a 4 year old in 1891. It has her name and the date on the back, otherwise I wouldn't have known who she was.
There are some glamor shots of my Mom, and a snapshot of her in her wedding dress. My, she was good looking at 24! The wedding dress was beautiful. She still has it, but it is mostly dry rotted. The pictures were taken in 1943.
I'm over my head cold, and ready to run/walk 7 miles in the morning, our last practice before the big race. It will be cold, but I'm really hoping it won't be raining.
Off to lay out the clothes, and make sure the alarm is set for 5:45 AM.
The Vancouver winter games will be on TV tonight. If they are not too late I'll watch.
Too cold for me!
Sara in rainy Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home