Friday, February 12, 2010

Accents..

I am enjoying all this talk about accents. I find them fascinating. In England they seem to change every few miles, some are very attractive (to my ears anyway) but others are difficult to understand. Here is NZ we object to being confused with our friends across the Tasman , to our ears, there is a very big difference !

Rosey, thank you for so eloquently summing up how I am feeling. Most of us here have had lost loved ones. It isn't easy. I am hoping that memories this coming year, will bring me more smiles that tears.

I visited two friends in hospital today. Both had hip replacements this week. Both are over 70. Neither looked well ! Both were on oxygen because they feel faint when they stand up . Sounds very brutal to me...that's another operation I will try to avoid.

DH is making a good job of painting the house and is very pleased with himself ! He hopes to get it finished this w/end but isn't looking forward to doing the high bits which he has, so far, avoided !

A sunny day today, but far from tropical. Must get out there and mow the lawns , the recent rain has set them off again !

Enjoy the w/end.
Marion.

1 Comments:

At February 12, 2010 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Marion -the trick in a knee or hip replacement is to do it in the 50's or early 60's. I have a GF in WPB who is 62 and has had both knees done. The first was a bit easier than the second, but she is lots overweight. She is doing well now.
I've heard that hips do better than knees anyway.
Hope neither you or I have to have one!
Sara in rainy Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home