Thursday, February 11, 2010

How about....

Hooose for house and aboooot for about. That's the usual, Jane, that most people mention when talking aboooot Canadienns and their 'accents' but good for you for mentioning your .....ah........Neeoooow Yeorkh/Long Island accent (and I cannot do that justice...help me out, Jane). One good thing, you can laugh at yourself. I grew up with my mother's four younger brothers teasing the heck out of me and ribbing me unmercifully but never in an unkindly way. It was the best thing that ever happened to an only child. Laughing at yourself is not a gift everyone has..(and never end a sentence that way, Rosey).

Condos...believe me, if I ever get involved in one of those, take me out and shoot me. I have heard more people complain about rising condo fees once they've bought into the condo and more problems with condo board fights...I DO NOT need that stress in older age...have enough of it here in my own home at times without paying big bucks to have that in my life. Rent an apt., rent a house, own a house, live in assisted living...growing old is not nice...the golden years last only so long then age catches up with the body and it can't do what it used to do in looking after itself and where a body is housed. But, condo-living, no way.

Sunny, bright and bitterly cold. Just my cup of tea.

Marion, your summer is our winter and here you haven't had your usual great weather. What is happening down under? Last year at this time you were in England and dealing with sorrow. This year, time goes by yet the sorrow doesn't...just goes underground like a river running through your life...leaving a huge sadness there.

I need to centre myself today to do some designwork. This means, closing myself off and turning the conversation off in my head and focusing myself on feeling so that I can express it through the lines of my designs. It usually takes a few stabs at drawing before I get it 'right'. Have B&B guests arriving on the week-end so my dining room table is clear and available for today and tomorrow. Trouble is, my creative mind doesn't work on command.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home