Saturday, February 13, 2010

checking in . . . and it's still officially winter here

Hi y'all! How' all y'all doin'?

Mass media, IMO, is responsible for the decline of regional accents & dialects. I still enjoy hearing the different ones, though.

It is still winter here, and abnormally cold & snowy. I will not complain this summer, when the heat is oppressive. Our son and DDIL had snow in Atlanta yesterday. We may get snow again tomorrow. We've had enough. Schools have used up their snow days. Anything more will come out of Spring Break. Too bad it all can't be channeled up to Vancouver for the Olympics. Such bad luck with the weather up there. The jet stream is definitely skewed this year. Yeesh!

DH and I watched the Olympics opening ceremonies last night. We'll finish watching the rest of our recording tonight. It was all very well done. I loved the Orca whales special effects.

DH and I are off to watch the Avatar movie in 3-D this evening. I know the plot isn't the strongest; we're in it for the 3-D experience. He really wants to see it, so I'll go with him. He humors me and goes to romantic comedies, so it's a trade-off. :o)

Hugs to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home