Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow. And Cold. And wind. Oh My!

Sara in FL -- We picked up two or three inches of snow on Sunday night, and most of it is still on the ground. THAT's how cold it has been here this week. There was a good layer of ice under the snow, from Sunday's rain that froze Sunday night.

The streets are now clear and schools reopened today. Lows are still in the 20s but Saturday's high may reach low 50s. I imagine the carwash will be a circus.

It's gotten to the point that I get up in the a.m, take the dog out, and it no longer matters that it is 20 degrees outside. Ack. Everyone here is sooooo over it.

I know this is nothing like living in Canada or Michigan or Minnesota, etc., but we are not accustomed to this much cold weather, not to mention this much snow. Last month's heat bill was almost double the previous month, and I dread the next bill. We keep the house at 68 - 70 during the day, and 64/66 at night, so we're doing our part.

One thing I do know, for sure. Spring will come, and so will Summer. One day, it will be warm. And I will not complain about the heat. (LOL)

Hugs to everyone. Stay warm, dry and safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home