Friday, February 19, 2010

Interesting

Reading Sara's comments about her 'winter' attire reminds me again of how I take for granted everyone is bundled up like me in down-feathered coats, snow boots, mitts and woolen hats at this time of year and it isn't so. It's the one thing about winter many of us up here don't like...having to bundle up for three or four months of the year. When I can shuck my heavy outer layers, I feel free. It's the one nice thing about Florida, when I step off the plane, is the feeling of freedom from the restriction of woolen sox, boots, woolen sweaters and warm coats yet I love the cold, crispness of winter weather outside and the wood fires burning inside. I love the restrictions that a heavy snow fall places on me for it allows me to stay at home and work in my studio without the feeling that I should be out weeding my garden. Winter is a time of rest (at my age). And, I love the changes in seasons; couldn't live without them but I know what you mean, Sara, about open-shoes. I wear sandals with heavy woolen sox in winter; that's the difference between where you live and where I live....no woolen sox.

The time difference between the west coast and here means that I will be watching the Olympic Figure Skating reruns. Patrick Chan's short programme, which I did see, was so choppy, his arms waving about, too much footwork and not enough space in-between, did not flow whereas Evan Lysachek's (sp?)style of skating, flowed. However, the treat of it all is that I am watching it on a new 32" flat screen after years of watching television on a small 12" box of a TV.

Last week I had three deer eating beneath my bird feeding station early in the morning. I went out a bought three bags of apples, because they love apples and the ingrates have not returned...lol. The squirrels are eating my apples. No telling where the deer are, now.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home