Friday, February 19, 2010

More weather

We have both cold winter days and warm ones. Yesterday was one of the glorious days that sometimes come mid-winter where the temps reached near the 50* mark. The disadvantage of that was seen when I had to go to town. There was a 300 pound (at least) man walking around in shorts! Not ready for that yet this time of year.

I don't wear shoes in the house even in the winter time. I do, however, wear socks but not the wool ones like Rosey. I guess I've become more used to cold weather over the years, as we keep the house *much* colder than other people we know. I had to chuckle, Doris, as we don't even have the thermostat set as high during the day as you do at night.

When we go to the cabin, though, the wood fire keeps the place quite toasty and I will stand directly in front of it and warm up way higher than I do at home. It does get very cold there, though, with several days during the winter registering the coldest in the nation.

I delivered a large bag of quilts to Project Linus. They are collecting no-batting quilts to be sent to Haiti through an organization there. Now that I have that out of the way, it's time to start on the quilt for DH's retirement in June. Time to do something for myself, too.

I also went in for the annual boob squeeze. This time I went to one of the centers that uses digital mammography. That's really a neat process! You can actually see the pictures come up on the computer. It's nice to be back to the once a year checkups.

Kathi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home