Monday, February 1, 2010

major rant

Please parden my venting, and boy-oh-boy do I need to let off steam.

Rant alerg, re: Comcast, our black-hearted and only Cable TV provider in our neighborhood.

As of today, Comcast moved a channel I watch 5 days a week, to the digital tier. (They did this to Oprah's channel a couple years ago, but I never watched that one)

This means I cannot receive it on two of our TVs where I usually watch this particular channel - the kitchen and the sewing room - unless I want to rent a large, bulky, ugly digital receiver for $$/month for one of the TVs, or pay double for both. That would also mean I can no longer record on the VCR if I spring for the digital receiver box. It won't work that way. AS IF there is room for one in the sewing room. Did I mention the digital receiver boxes are large, bulky, and ugly,,, and there is no where to put one in my sewing room???

Oh sure, I now I will have to rent a DVR from them for $25/mo. per box by the time you figure in all their add-on taxes, fees, and "kunkle" charges, which is like .... well, you get the picture..... highway robbery.

I cannot remember when I have been this angry at Comcast. (They will NEVER get my telephone business) And don't get me started about their recent ad campaign with Shaq, talking about the competing phone company's "kunkle" (?) charges. Hel-lo!?! Comcast's are just as bad, but they don't mention that in their ads.....
I'm convinced Comcast is our on-shore axis of evil. Argh!

Rant over, and banging head against desk, trying to not think about the $300/year for one TV that alone, this is going to cost us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home