Saturday, January 30, 2010

SARA

You have ruined my day. First you run 6 miles in bad weather despite being barely recovered from a serious infection and then you tell me you got your Janome 6600 for half the price I paid even with a discount. It's not fair. I'm not mad at Carl, though, so you can tell him I wish him the best in both business and with whatever it is that's had him so low so long. But I do stick my tongue out at you.

By the way, Sara and everyone else, despite my crabbiness I hope you will enter something in the quilt show in August. I promise that if you send it to me it will be safe. The only reason the last time you sent one it seemed to have been lost it was delivered by some incompetent and landed on the porch of someone who was out of town. That's pretty unlikely to happen again. It would be even better if you come for the show. The B&B where you stayed last time is just a few miles from me but I was so busy with the show we couldn't connect. I've backed off being chair of anything and will just be a worker bee for a couple of two hour shifts. I think it was Jill in Portland who entered a quilt in the guild show two years ago and she won a first or second place in her category and was really excited to receive a huge basket of quilty stuff.

The NC Quilt Symposium in 2o12 will be great fun and I have two beds I can offer if you want to just pay as a commuter. Ooops I've already announced at a guild meeting that the two beds would be up for grabs by guild members as I live so much closer to the venue at Western North Carolina University than most of the members of the guild. Since my guild is that year's sponsoring guild it will be a frantically busy time for many of us. It's too soon to tell if there will be any takers for the beds. All meals and rooms will be available at the newest dorm on campus. As soon as the details are worked out between the committee and the university they will be published on the guild web site and I'll publish them on the BB.

As noted on national news we've had some rough weather. I saw on tonight's news that Asheville received 11" of snow. Interestingly the temperature, while it stayed in the 30sF it never froze so a lot of the snow that fell melted. It fell at such a rate, though that in my yard it is still about 6"deep. Since both my Internet connection and TV signal come via satellites I had neither all day yesterday and this morning. Most of my neighbors have been without power for about 36 hours as this heavy wet snow brings down trees with some falling on power lines. It was warm enough this afternoon that most of the snow on the Internet satellite, a large eyesore in the yard, had slid off. I slogged out there in hiking boots and swept the rest off so here I am. As long as Shadow and I were outdoors we went down the steep driveway .4 mile to pick up the mail and then slogged back up the hill. Boy, was that a work out. My heart rate was at the top of the safe range for me and we were both blowing like race horses when we reached home. I had also unbuttoned my coat. I hadn't moved a muscle for several days and I felt good and not sluggish for the first time since about last Thursday. There is a small tree down across the driveway but way too big for me to move and coming back up after I'd climbed over it each way spotted Koko, the neighbor's Boykin Spaniel, an occasional visitor at my house, and following her three younger siblings then followed by Betty and Ken, the dog lovers, owners of the Boykins, who won't allow me to board Shadow when I'm out of town. He has a big tractor with a blade and all kinds of other features. They had been out walking with their beasts and were coming down from the area of my house. I told Ken he was just the guy I'd been thinking about and he has offered to come up the driveway tomorrow and remove the tree and plow the whole thing. I have two appointments Tuesday so I won't have to reset them. It's supposed to start warming more in the next few days.

Welp after that exciting report which, no doubt has heats beating wildly, I will bid you all good night.

Jane

1 Comments:

At February 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Jane-I'm so sorry to have given you grief. If it's any consolation, my cough is hanging on and I still feel like I've been hit by a bus.
Had a rough night Sat. and didn't get up for church. Slept, ate soup, repeat.
We are having gloomy winter weather, but thankfully no snow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home