Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ontario is a huge province

Sara, it may have been somewhere in Ontario that schools were closed but not as far as I know in the southern part of Ontario...west to east. The Ottawa region got the highest rainfall in years yesterday. The Ottawa canal, where people skate for miles, is closed temporarily for safety reasons. A friend, whose father was in the Senate, years ago, used to skate to work at the Parliament buildings from his home in Ottawa; when the ice melted, he paddled his canoe to work. Up here in the country, we missed most of the storm that went further south and along through Lake Erie and then veered inland to go north/east to Ottawa, our capital city, for you folks in the US. It's turning very cold again and our laneway is full of thick ice making walking treacherous. But, it's winter. And tummy bugs and colds are going around here, too. Nothing to do but bear through a cold, knowing that in a week's time it's generally gone but it's aggravating when you can't sleep at night.

Winter is a great time to find quilty projects to do. My studio is set up for peaceful things to hear and see and smell and I can close the french doors to the rest of the house if I need to. At Christmas, I splurged and purchased a diffuser from Young Living Oils. I use YL Theives Oil in it. That and my Bose radio and a Nawang Khechog disc playing in it and I'm all set to zone out though as yet, I'm not entirely productive. Maybe just sitting here thinking about quilty things is enough for now.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home