Monday, January 18, 2010

Machines and other stuff

I have to fess up, I didn't take the picture of Bean, my sister did. She's taking a photography class and that was the beginning of action shots.

Jane, congrats on a new machine. There's a 6500/6600 Yahoo group that for me was an immense help when I had a 6600. They have files about various things, a whole file about threads that's great. I am currently trying to sell my Babylock Espire and downsize (I do have a small Pfaff Smart One)if y'all hear of anyone who might be interested. It does everything but the dishes, sews sideways and diagonally too. It is top of the line before embroidery.

We finally warmed up to 50 after 12 days of below freezing. It's raining but no one cares as long as it isn't snow. Lots of falling trees as the ground is so saturated the roots are not holding. So there's always something going on, it seems. I spent the snowed-in time straightening up the fabric shelves, my desk, and the notebooks in which I stored pages from magazines and printed out stuff. Threw out as much as I saved from those. Bought some clear plastic sleeves and used 100 of them. Big DUH..got all done (took 3 days) and realized I could have put articles back to back and saved 50 sleeves LOLOL.

Still trying to figure out programs for the second half of the year for the quilt club. If y'all have done anything exciting (?) interesting (?) give me your ideas, please. I called each member to see what they'd like, and the biggest response was, "Well, I can't think of anything." But they all want something new. I have several places bookmarked online which have been helpful.

Looking forward to Spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home