Saturday, January 9, 2010

Burr! Florida is supposed to be Warm

This is the coldest and the longest it has been cold in the____about 40 years I've lived in Fla.
I decided that I wouldn't go to the beach area this morning to meet the running group. When the weather people were talking about ice on the bridges, possible sleet for this morning I said forget it. They were going to do 11 miles, which I don't think I'm up to.
And the wind! The wind chill must drop it another 10 degrees.
DH & I made the rounds of BJ's, Lowe's etc. today in the mid morning. Abot 38 when we were driving about. DH found a dowl rod 4' long to make a new closet rod for my room. He has an 8' one for his closet, and a device to hang the new flat screen TV on the wall. So that's out day.

I have the bird of paradise and some other plants covered in tarps and old towels, so they are OK. The angel's trumpet plant was covered for 2 nights, but the wind blew it off. The freeze hit it, but I'm sure it will be OK if I cut it at ground level. That's what happened last year.

JANE-wise to stay home. Flying in this weather is not fun, plus all the germs picked up certainly would do your brother no good. We think that is how my DH got the mono 2 Septembers ago.
Going to snuggle on the couch under some quilts, and watch some football if it is on. The crockpot has a pork roast in it, and it smells so good.
Everyone stay warm out there.
Sara in Frozen Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home