Monday, January 4, 2010

PENDING ABSENCE

Just got word that DB will be having a triple by-pass within a week so I'll be heading to Albuquerque in a few days. Probably won't be posting til he's home and can show me how to use his lap top. He sounds happy go lucky on phone tonight. Friends have already offered to take him in so he's not in a desperate situation. But he is widowed and his dog is in a kennel. Shadow will stay with my wonderful neighbors who spoil her rotten and feed her stuff I don't especially approve of but it beats spending a week or more in a kennel. They really love her and she reciprocates.

I want to drive but the weather is fierce between here and there so can't take the chance. I can get a flight from Atlanta with only one change but that's in Kansas City which, I understand, has been hit hard with snow lately. One of the reasons I would like to drive would be so I could have Shadow's company and so I could take sewing machine and DD's wedding quilt stuff. The one way trip buying on Travelocity is less than $200 and I sure couldn't drive for anything near that low.

Will check in when DB can show me how.

Jane

PS to ROSEY, Since he will be on a seriously heart healthy diet regimen I still intend to be the first to lose that five pounds. Just wish I could get out for more than ten minutes without my fingers going numb. Wind chills here have been in the negative range and are to remain that way for most of the coming week. DB has mentioned in the past that the big hospital where he is has a very good fitness center so maybe I can work out when he's getting rehab. Their daytime temps are relatively moderate most of the time.

1 Comments:

At January 5, 2010 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Be careful on your trip.
It's freezing here also, 25 this morning with 10mph wind. If I didn't have a dermo 6 mo. check up I'd stay inside all day.
Sara in cold Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home