Friday, January 1, 2010

The Gauntlet

Well, Jane, shall we throw the gauntlet down as to who looses the first five pounds of 2010??!

I've just finished up my container of Very Very Vanilla Rice Dream Ice Cream desert topped with my 71% dark chocolate chipped over top. I've nearly finished my hummus and seaweed cracker...both of these items I don't need...the sweets in one; salt in the other. I'm planning on not eating them for awhile. I need to get back to less eating.

Marion, my how beautiful New Zealand is. And a picnic from the boot of the car. What could be better.

Doris, thank you. You've relieved my curiosity about Sherlock Holmes...so I guess I'll still with "It's Complicated" as being one of the better movies out right now. I cannot believe that 'they' are even suggesting that George Clooney might be up for an Oscar for his performance in "Up in the Air"...what nonsense. The only good thing about that movie was looking at him. He could have put his shoes under my bed any day when I was younger but I wonder at his track record...all these women, not one sticking it out with him, does he discard them or are they a beard for a different kind of whatever. Just wondering.

So, I'll waddle back to the kitchen. A party next door, our one big event for the year, this afternoon produced some eye candy for me...the skinniest, attractive older woman..well, in her fifties...from the city. I looked at what these city women were wearing (I was one myself once but never that thin or glamorous) and thought...well, I'm quite the country bumpkin but I was wearing my Gudrun Sjoden cambric lined pants and my Gudrun Sjoden double lined polka dot sox. And, they never even asked. There I was, my clothes from Sweden, all the way to the country in Canada and they didn't even notice...lol. Don't think they were even remotely interested either. These women were very sophisticated looking.

So there you are. I can't get into most of my pants, Jane...so, how about it? Do you think we can be honest with each other here??

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home