Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Must be somethin' in the air, Sara

I've just been talking to my friend, Margaret, as I do everynight at 9 pm. She's a widow, we check in on each other every day. She is also a pharmacy tech in a Shopper's Drug Mart...our big pharma here in Canada. She calls the doctor's offices to confirm prescriptions, she gets the prescriptions out to patients with a driving service that isn't doing the job so she's swearing at them and the owner is hiding from Margaret because she's a terrier. She's tearing her hair out at that end of the pharmceutical business. Must be something in the air, Sara, driving everyone crazy in that business. She has been ranting and raving because customers were told to get their prescriptions filled by their doctors before the doctors went off for the week between Christmas and New Years, which many did not and are now yelling at the techs behind the counter saying they are going to report them because they can't fill their prescriptions and they NEED them...Tomorrow is Seniors Day at Shoppers...knickers are 20% off...stacks of Seniors diapers are lined up waiting for their monthly supply...and Margaret by 6 pm on New Year's Eve will be spending it flat out on her back, totally wiped. Just thought it might take your mind off the aggravations you're dealing with, Sara. I can't imagine customers yelling at the people working in a pharmacy but apparently they do.

And for heaven's sakes, I have mosquitoes flying around the house. And my vacuum cleaner went t*ts up...third motor in 15 years of having Australian Shepherds in the house. I have guests tomorrow and am down on my hands and knees vacuuming with one of those hand held jobbies that sucked the fringes of my rugs into the machine and wouldn't let go...like a darned terrier...and now the revolving bar with the hairs on it won't turn. And what else is happening around here besides the usual ups and downs with certain family members...oh yes, Ceilidh isn't well...that's my heart-dog, Aussie. Up two nights in a row with her having the trots...poor soul. She's on vet meds now and I will rejoice when I see one solid poop from her...and oh, yes, I have two couples coming for bed and breakfast tomorrow...New Year's Eve. They arrive at 1 pm.

I have treated myself to one container of Very Very Vanilla Rice Dream Ice Cream; one 71% Dark chocolate Camino bar which I plan to chip up and place on top of the Vanilla Rice Dream and a container of garlic hummus and seaweek crackers..that plus a nice glass of cognac over ice...and no slobbery New Years kisses except from my dogs and I'm all set. That and a tummy full of gas and I'll see the New Year in in my sleep.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home