Saturday, December 26, 2009

AS USUAL

I underestimated the time needed to be ready for guests. I was vacuuming when the first of them arrived. We had a very festive time of it. The Indian pudding was awful. I'd screwed up the recipe and had too much dark molasses in it so it was goopy instead of cakey and borderline bitter. Yuck. On the other hand we'd all had plenty to eat with the addition of potatoes au gratin from one guest and green bean casserole and sweet potato souffle from another. I imposed on all the guests to admire the wedding pictures and the beautiful pictures of DGSs all framed and ready to hang DD#1 sent. There was a collection of 4 pictures of each young man beautiful photographed by the father of one of them. DD told me he'd taken about 80 informal shots and she picked these out of the many that were good and he had them all framed. It must have cost her a bundle and it was the sole gift from the whole gang. I have to wait three years for the collection of DGS's pictures. This was part of the traditional senior pictures. She's just in the ninth grade. They are all gorgeous kids and I don't know how they came out that way. They are all good kids. The Christmas card from the family has a wonderful picture of the kids and DD taken last August in CA. In case you haven't noticed I miss them sooo much I'm teary as I write.

Christmas in Hawaii. That sounds as good as New Zealand. The church service does, indeed sound interesting.

Sarah, I bought a cheap ($25) workout watch last spring and it gives all kinds of information but the heart rate function which was the only reason I bought it failed after just a couple of weeks. I just wanted to monitor it so I could see improvement over time. With the pre-holiday rush I have hardly done anything for two weeks and walking today was much more challenging than it was a few weeks ago. Shadow and I both need to keep moving or we'll stop altogether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home