Thursday, December 31, 2009

NEAR BEDTIME

Here it is, 8:30 PM and I'm beginning to think about heading for the sack when I finish posting here. I'm already in my jammies. Gad what a wild New Year's Eve I'm having. With the exception of last year when DB and I got involved in a long chatty telephone call, I can't remember the last time I saw the new year in. I'm just thankful to wake up to discover that I'm still here after so many New Year Days. Rosey, I hear you about the sloppy kisses. That's one reason why I've never cared for New Year parties. It's just a license for the more obnoxious members of the opposite sex to behave abominably toward the ladies and we have been dumb enough allow it. A peck on the cheek conveys good will and that's plenty.

I doubt if any of you have much on me in the dog hair department. Of course, with three Aussies you probably win the sweepstakes Rosey. I keep Shadow's coat trimmed fairly close. It doesn't make her stop shedding but the vegetable matter and such that attaches itself to a long coat is at least diminished thereby. Since she's indoors most of the time she doesn't need much to keep warm. We had a spaniel mix years ago in FL (Brittany/English springer) when the kids were little. She had a very soft puppy type coat all her life and I swore to others that there was dog hair on my soul. Once, while setting the table for dinner guests I pulled the butter dish out of the fridge and lo and behold there were several dog hairs in the butter. Her hair would just float around in the air when she shook or there was the slightest breeze. She was my special friend though so I never complained about it.

Glad to hear you NZ dugs survived and we in the northern hemisphere will too if our luck holds. I still wonder why we never hear from Tenneh on the MT.

I have a mail order prescription plan through Honeywell, where DH worked. It is administered by Medco and I haven't had any of the hassles you ladies refer to. They notify me on line when it's time to refill and I just push a button and my credit card is charged the co-pay and the meds arrive in 3-4 days barring blizzards and Christmas. All my scrips are for 90 days' dosage per refill and at the end of 4 refills I get another written scrip from doc and mail it in. My doc says their faxes seem to get lost in the shuffle (not just Medco) and she got tired of having to deal with the snafus frantic patients call about hence the written scrips. She reviews all the meds twice a year with me to see what will run out withing 6 months and writes the new ones on the spot. That's the only thing I like about the medical care I'm getting these days. I'll vent about that another time. Lack of primary physicians is the problem and all the congressional thrashing around and $$ that we don't have that are soon to be committed Congress has done, no effort to to encourage an increase in the number of med students who opt for primary care has been offered as far as I know.

Alright, ladies. Listen up! Jane is going to get rid of 35 pounds this year if I have to resort to liposuction. I've been fooling with Weight Watchers for months now and just managing to hold my own. I went to the store today and bought asparagus, romaine, baby spinach, organic carrots, green and red peppers, crook neck and zucchini squash, some Chilean blue berries, FL strawberries (it's early for FL strawberries but that's what the label said and they had good color which is lacking in the CA berries which always lack flavor) grapes and bananas all for salads or just picking. There is a butternut squash in the fridge as well. Unfortunately the local fresh fish guy managed to tear a retina when something he was doing with wood splintered so his little shop which normally opens part time 3 days a week is shut down until the ophthalmologist lets him get up and move around. His stuff is wonderful and very pricey but worth every penny. The customers get an email on each Wednesday listing what he will have Th, F and Sat. You can call ahead and have him set something aside.

It's time for me to retire with the local weekly newspaper which isn't worth wrapping fish in and after perusing that for ten minutes or so I will nod off. Restless leg's been a problem recently so I have to make sure I take the medication by 5. It takes a few hours it seems to me to kick in effectively. Otherwise I'm up taking some more than I can't haul myself out of bed at a reasonable time in the morning.

Love to all, and to all - goodnight.
Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home