Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year everyone! In years past I used to post that I was spending New Year's Day cleaning up my sewing room, which at one time prompted a spurt of copy-cat (smile) cleaning across the board. Well, this year I am moving my sewing room, which is an event that, had I realized the extent of the job, should have put terror in my bones. Instead, blissfully thinking of how I will finally get out of my closet-sized room in the basement into a lovely room on the first floor with a huge closet now that DS has moved out, I've been gleefully anticipating this--until I started moving my stash upstairs. Yikes! How did I ever cram that much fabric into such a tiny room?? I have lost track of the number of trips I have made up the stairs, and I'm not finished yet.

Add to that the fact that DS has not taken his large computer desk yet and another large item from the closet, and I can't quite set up my new sewing room yet. But I'm getting there!! I hope to spend New Year's Day cleaning and organizing (read: playing with fabric). I can hardly wait to have some space to sew! I have spent almost no time in my sewing room this past year between having to work fulltime and having so little room to move in there. My hope is that 2010 will see me doing a lot more sewing/quilting once my room is only steps away from the kitchen. Hmmm...that sounds like a good New Year's resolution to me, to sew more. It sure beats losing weight, which is another one I keep "meaning" to make...

Again, Happy New Year, and may all your seams be straight.

Jean in VT, where we may get up to a foot of snow over the course of this 3-day weekend

1 Comments:

At January 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I'm moving my room too. It is a big pain in the neck, but keep thinking how nice it will be when finished. After 3 days of company -kids, adults, now another adult, I'll be glad to get back in tomorrow or Sun. and work some more on it.
Since we are all on one floor, just moving a few feet down the hallway. I pitched lots of old quilt mags. in the recycle bin on Wed. Never looked at them.
Plan on doing some serious editing on the stash next week.
Sara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home