Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday morning

When I was growing up, Monday was always 'wash' day. I did mine yesterday...six B&B guests for the week-end and my washing machine and dryer were going all day; still have more to go this morning before I leave for town.

Jane, you are probably at the point that I was when the market took a tumble. I had been living parsimoniously but lost enough to buy two cars and decided, to heck with it. My kids are only going to spend it and well they should but I am doing the odd nice thing for myself now and not feeling guilty about it. Why don't you give your other sewing machines away and be done with them. Enjoy your new one. Smart shop owners being members of a quilt guild. Sounds like they will be good people to deal with. And, how is your brother faring after his operation.

Doris, thank you for the imagine of daffodils trying to poke their heads up somewhere. I just don't want a picture of them in the dead of winter here. (Jean is kindly refraining from mentioning hers out west as well although the west coast of Canada has had a lot of rain lately).

Lavinia, regardless of who took the picture of Bean, it is quite spectacular.

Repairs this morning to the wood stove insert in the livingroom. An iron bar split with the intense heat a few weeks ago. I'm assuming that it was a support bar to whatever it was supporting and will feel reassured when it's repaired.

Visited with my two year old granddaughter on the week-end. Addison is her name. She's a blond cutie with energy to burn. She's been in day-care from early on, not something I'm used to but she's a very well-socialized youngster for two. Her parents are teaching her manners, to share, to be polite...all the good things that parents do, which makes being around her all the nicer.

Off early to my volunteer work called Telecheck. Sixty calls to Seniors but there are two volunteers to handle the calls between 8:30 a.m./12 noon. We're fine as long as everyone answers and there are no problems...otherwise, it can be stressful but thankfully we have a supervisor at the other end of the line in a city an hour away and she takes care of emergencies once we follow procedure.

Sarah, I netipotted my sinuses this morning and thought of you. I wouldn't share my neti pot with anyone, either. I netipotted my nose and put my corn remover on. Age does those things to you.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home