Monday, February 22, 2010

Blisters!--the run

Well, the good and the bad.
Yesterday was a beautiful day. Warm, sunny, high about 65.
The bad, I'm not in as good a shape as I thought I was. After the start at 7:30 AM, the group that I trained with left me in the dust. After the 6 mile mark I had to walk the rest of the way. It made for a long day. Finished the 13.1 miles in about 4 hrs. I don't know the exact time yet.
About mile 11 my feet started burning. At the finish line all I could think about was the porta-potty, and then some fruit. After that went to the first aid tent to get my feet looked at. Large blisters on the bottom (the ball of the foot) part. A nurse treated them and put some mole skin patches on them. I hobbled to the busses. It was about 1 hr. from that time to get back to my car. A very long hour.
Was quite sore last night, and doggie #2 got us up about 4 times during the night. She was sick, and wanted outside.
This morning after a hot shower I'm much better, and think I'll be OK.
The dryer decided to die after 25 years of faithfull service, so I'll be going to the local laundry mat today.
All in all, raising money for the breast cancer research was a good cause, but I won't do it again unless I lose 40 lbs, and train better.
The blisters will heal in a few days, and the sore muscles will go away.
Time to get some jeans on and go to the laundry mat.
Fortunately it is a beautiful, sunny day here, about 65 already.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home